Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oh Baby, How could I forget the Cakes?

On Sunday I wrote about MooShoes and completely forgot to mention the best part of the experience - Babycakes is around the corner! (Big thanks to meansoybean for the reminder). Babycakes is a funky little vegan bakery that has all kinds of treats - all natural, gluten-free, sugar-free - you name it. I fell in love with the place as soon as I saw the Susy Homemaker over in the window. Babycakes is awesome overload. I wish I had snapped more shots of all the retro cool stuff about the shop.


















Choosing what to order was one of the more difficult decisions I have ever had to make. Everything looks amazing. I finally decided to go with the classics: a chocolate chip cookie, a brownie, and a chocolate donut. They take delicious to a whole new level.





















A friend of mine had been to Babycakes L.A. and came home raving about them so I'd been dreaming about trying one of their donuts for weeks before our trip. Now I dream about going back...

2 comments:

  1. Can we go again? The donut makes me all teary-eyed with memories..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... they have donuts and I wasn't informed?!? Maybe I was blind sided by the cupcakes, or it was the excruciating summer heat. I doubt I'll be back to NYC anytime soon, but I'll make a mental note of it.

    Thanks for the link back, btw :)

    ReplyDelete