Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wham BAM, Thank You Ma'am!

When Vegetarian Haven took their seitan burger off the menu I began my quest to find a replacement for what was my favorite veggie burger ever. I never expected to find it at regular burger joint, but I did at a little place called Bamburger. The burger starts off simple with lettuce, tomato, red onion and a choice of white or whole wheat bun. There's a huge list of toppings and dipping sauces, some free, some for a small charge, that let you create the perfect personalized burger. And a good number of them are vegan: avocado, sauteed mushrooms or peppers, olives, jalapenos, pickles and even grilled pineapple to name a few. I decided to go for a simple pile of onion rings on top of my burger the first time I was there and have been doing that ever since.





















This is the way it comes - with killer fries.





















This is the way I do it. A little ketchup, mustard, and fries right on the burger. Don't knock it til you try it!

The staff are awesome. They have a binder on hand with a full ingredient list and can confirm any vegan inquiries in a flash. Whenever I get a burger craving, BAM - I'm there!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. The photos are fantastic and we would love copies. Please be sure to introduce yourself the next time you are at Bamburger.
    Warm regards,
    The Bamburger Staff

    ReplyDelete